This gluten-free seitan roast is a great vegan meat substitute for anyone transitioning to a plant based diet, or for anyone that has been vegan for years and is just looking for something tasty to eat. Traditional seitan uses vital wheat gluten for a hearty and protein rich meat substitute, but this version relies on gluten-free flours and beans to create an alternative for those trying to keep gluten out of their diets.
Veggie Roast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Veggie Roast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 17 ounces cooked beans
- 3.5 ounces cooked rice or quinoa
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- Black pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Veggie Roast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the beans and cooked rice in a food processor and blend until reasonably smooth but still with some chunky texture.
- Place bean and rice mixture in a mixing bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients. Mix well with your hands until it all holds together.
- Preheat your oven to 360°F.
- Place your mixture on some non-stick parchment paper and fold closed. Wrap in some aluminum foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.