Try these homemade gluten-free vegan pizza rolls if you need a healthy savoury bite sized snack for busy weekdays. Furthermore, they are yeast-free and oil-free for maximum benefits.
Gluten-Free Pizza Rolls [Vegan]
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp. (3.5oz) buckwheat flour (unroasted)
3/4 cup + 2 tbsps. (3.5oz) coconut flour
4 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
1/2 cup water
1 cup (8.8oz) soymilk + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup + 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 1/2 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese
- Start by mixing together soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Let sit until you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flours, salt, oregano, psyllium powder and baking powder.
- Next, add water and curdled soy milk to dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the pizza dough is cooling, prepare vegan Parmesan cheese by grinding 50g (1.8oz) of fry cashews, 3 tbsps. of nutritional yeast and ¼ tsp. of Himalayan salt. I used the small grinder that came with my food processor. You’ll use about half of it. Store the rest in a sealed container or jar in fridge.
- Take a silicone mat, wax paper or non-stick parchment paper and sprinkle it with some buckwheat flour. Then, place your dough ball in the middle. Now, put another piece of parchment or wax paper on top of the dough and start rolling.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle and remove the parchment paper.
- Next, spread tomato paste on the rolled out pizza dough, sprinkle 1 tsp. of dried oregano and finish with vegan Parmesan cheese. Leave some cheese to top the rolls later.
- Then, slowly roll the dough into a tight spiral releasing the silicone mat as you progress. Check the video!
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough log into 9-10 bite sized rolls and place them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use the same silicone mat you rolled the dough on. Shape them a bit if needed and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Finally, preheat oven to 375°F and bake the rolls for 30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool a bit before eating.