This pancake recipe is extremely versatile. Use your own mix of flours: I used brown rice, millet, and oat. I also mixed in some almond milk. They were light and fluffy and quite perfect. Here’s the recipe, all. Enjoy!
Multigrain Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (oat flour is sometimes contaminated with gluten while processing, so be sure to buy one that is labeled gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk mixed with 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 heaping tbsp flax meal mixed with 9 tbsp water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix the flours with the baking powder and soda and salt using a wisk.
- In another bowl mix the almond milk with the flaxmeal mixture and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry one, and mix well. Don’t worry about overmixing, because gluten-free flours do not toughen up the way wheat does when mixed.
- Heat a griddle and spray with a little oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle and let the pancake cook until bubbles appear around the sides and center, then flip and cook until the underside turns golden.
- Serve hot.