1-bowl breakfast bread with hearty oats, banana, almond butter, and lots of blueberries. Gluten-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Breakfast Bread [Vegan]
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 – 3 ripe bananas, mashed (~1 heaping cup)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- ~1/4 cup unrefined coconut sugar (omit for lower sugar or add up to 1/4 cup more for sweeter bread)
- 1 1/4 cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cup Oat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 heaping cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the ground flaxseed and filtered water. Stir and set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the mixture to gel.
- Add in the smashed bananas, almond butter, and coconut sugar and stir to combine.
- Add in the oats and sift in the oat flour and baking powder and mix well until no clumps remain.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the parchment paper-lined bread pan and smoothing the top off with a spatula. Add optional additional blueberries on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick comes out cleanly or with minimal crumbs. Remove from the oven and cool 30 minutes before slicing.
- Store in the fridge for 5-7 days and freeze for longterm storage.