These brownies are as rich as they are delicious. The chocolaty goodness is complemented by the delightful spice of ginger and cardamom. This recipe is an innovative twist on the classic chocolate dessert that will impress anyone who eats them.
Gingerbread Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 3/4 ounces cacao butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoon of flax seeds
- 9 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/3 cup oat cream
- 1 cup oat flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons corn or potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/3 cup raw cacao, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 395°F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt your cacao butter and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Set it over a pan of simmering water and stir until smooth.
- Prepare the flax by blending the flax seeds into the flour and then mixing the flax flour with nine tablespoons of water.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix them well.
- Spread batter into the pan and bake it for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them cool in the pan before you cut them into squares.
- Dust the brownies with coconut flour or drizzle over some melted chocolate over the top before serving them.