These five-ingredient truffles are the perfect little dessert. A center of blended ginger cookies and desiccated coconut is sweetened with maple syrup, then enveloped in a dark chocolate coating. Crumbled ginger cookies add a little punch of spiciness to these delicious coconut truffles, plus an addictively crunchy texture. We dare you to stop at just one.
5-Ingredient Ginger, Coconut, and Dark Chocolate Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup crushed ginger cookies
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/6 cup, plus 1 teaspoon agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate
- Place the ginger cookies in a food processor and blend until finely crushed. Add the coconut and blend again.
- Melt the coconut oil, then add the oil and honey to the food processor and blend until combined and the mixture begins to clump together.
- Shape the mixture into balls and refrigerate until firm or freeze for 10-20 minutes if you’re in a hurry.
- While the truffles are firming up, melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or the microwave in 30-second intervals.
- Cover the balls in chocolate, top with some crushed biscuits, then refrigerate to harden.