These five-ingredient truffles are the perfect little dessert. A center of blended ginger cookies and desiccated coconut is sweetened with maple syrup, then enveloped in a dark chocolate coating. Crumbled ginger cookies add a little punch of spiciness to these delicious coconut truffles, plus an addictively crunchy texture. We dare you to stop at just one.
5-Ingredient Ginger, Coconut, and Dark Chocolate Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 5-Ingredient Ginger, Coconut, and Dark Chocolate Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup crushed ginger cookies
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/6 cup, plus 1 teaspoon agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate
How to Prepare 5-Ingredient Ginger, Coconut, and Dark Chocolate Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the ginger cookies in a food processor and blend until finely crushed. Add the coconut and blend again.
- Melt the coconut oil, then add the oil and honey to the food processor and blend until combined and the mixture begins to clump together.
- Shape the mixture into balls and refrigerate until firm or freeze for 10-20 minutes if you’re in a hurry.
- While the truffles are firming up, melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or the microwave in 30-second intervals.
- Cover the balls in chocolate, top with some crushed biscuits, then refrigerate to harden.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.