Zesty and fresh with a hint of crunch, this perfectly balanced power bowl is packed with flavor and plant protein. Some days, you just need to give yourself a break from heavily-involved recipes and go with something simple. That's where this dish comes in, proving that you don't have to sacrifice big flavor for a quick meal.
Ginger Citrus Tofu Power Bowl With Bok Choy and Cashews [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Ginger Citrus Tofu Power Bowl With Bok Choy and Cashews [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 head bok choy
- 2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon light-tasting olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 1 cup pre-cooked brown rice
How to Prepare Ginger Citrus Tofu Power Bowl With Bok Choy and Cashews [Vegan]
- Peel ginger and slice into thin strips.
- Remove thick stem from bok choy and slice remaining stems and leaves into 1-inch pieces.
- Whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, buckwheat flour, and 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add oil, then garlic and ginger. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and chili pepper flakes; stir-fry 3 minutes, or until tofu cubes are browned.
- Add bok choy, and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until bok choy starts to soften.
- In the meantime, heat a small skillet over medium heat and toast cashews 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marmalade mixture, and cook 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Top with cashews and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 716 | Total Carbs: 77 g | Total Fat: 34 g | Total Protein: 31 g | Total Sodium: 758 g | Total Sugar: 11 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.