If you have Gremolata left over, it's great on any roasted veggie + it's incredible on avocado toast! Without further ado, here is your deceptively easy, but fancy AF-looking sheet pan meal: Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks + Balsamic Veggies.
Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks with Balsamic Veggies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks with Balsamic Veggies [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower Steaks:
- 2 cauliflower steaks
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Black pepper
- 4 small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into about 1-inch cubes (4 Cups)
- 3 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the Gremolata:
- Zest 1/2 lemon
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
How to Prepare Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks with Balsamic Veggies [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lay cauliflower steaks and veggies onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle the potatoes and Brussels with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar over them.
- In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons of non-dairy butter. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of the melted butter over the Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Toss them with your hand to coat the potatoes and Brussels sprouts evenly.
- Into the remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic and onion powder, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and some freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using a brush, coat the cauliflower steaks, top, and bottom with all of the garlic butter mixture. Roast on the middle rack of a 425°F oven for 50-60 minutes or until everything is brown and tender, stopping after 30 minutes to flip the steaks and stir the potatoes and Brussels.
- While the cauliflower and veggies are in the oven, make the gremolata. Finely chop the lemon zest, parsley, garlic, and capers together and set aside.
- When the cauliflower and veggies are done, remove them from the oven, plate, and immediately sprinkle them with gremolata.
If you have Gremolata left over, it's great on any roasted veggie, and it's incredible on avocado toast!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.