If you have Gremolata left over, it's great on any roasted veggie + it's incredible on avocado toast! Without further ado, here is your deceptively easy, but fancy AF-looking sheet pan meal: Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks + Balsamic Veggies.
Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steaks + Balsamic Veggies [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower Steaks:
- 2 cauliflower steaks
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Black pepper
- 4 small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into about 1-inch cubes (4 Cups)
- 3 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the Gremolata:
- Zest 1/2 lemon
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lay cauliflower steaks and veggies onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle the potatoes and Brussels with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar over them.
- In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons of non-dairy butter. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of the melted butter over the Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Toss them with your hand to coat the potatoes and Brussels sprouts evenly.
- Into the remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic and onion powder, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and some freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using a brush, coat the cauliflower steaks, top and bottom with all of the garlic butter mixture. Roast on the middle rack of a 425°F oven for 50-60 minutes or until everything is brown and tender, stopping after 30 minutes to flip the steaks and stir the potatoes and Brussels.
- While the cauliflower and veggies are in the oven, make the gremolata. Finely chop the lemon zest, parsley, garlic, and capers together and set aside.
- When the cauliflower and veggies are done, remove them from the oven, plate, and immediately sprinkle them with gremolata. Serve.