Forget boxed crackers! These crunchy crackers are made from only flax meal, making them completely grain-free and gluten-free by default. All you need to make them is flax meal, water, and seasoning (which can be sweet or savory), so the entire process is both simple and affordable. Serve the savory crackers with your favorite spread and for the sweet crackers, try them with a heaping dollop of chickpea cookie dough.
Garlic and Herb Flax Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free]
For the Crackers:
- 1 3/4 cups, ground flax meal
- 1/3-1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
For the Garlic and Herbs Version:
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon herbs of Provence
For the Cinnamon Version:
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 390ºF.In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (including cinnamon, or garlic, or other seasonings you prefer).
- Add water, starting with 1/3 cup and mix until an even dough forms. If necessary, add more water.
- Sandwich the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and with a rolling pin, roll until your dough is super thin.
- Remove the upper sheet and place dough in a baking tray.
- Gently cut dough into squares on the baking sheet
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until crisp and the edges are browned, but not burnt.
- The crackers along the outside will be ready first, so remove them from the oven and bake again until the center crackers are ready.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and keep in an airtight container.
- Flax Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 980 | Total Carbs: 56 g | Total Fat: 63 g | Total Protein: 42 g | Total Sodium: 2 mg | Total Sugar: 0 Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile