These Vegan Funfetti Dougnuts are studded with rainbow sprinkles and topped with a sweet pink glaze! This is an easy recipe full of fun!
Funfetti Doughnuts [Vegan]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons dairy free milk, unsweetened
- Heaping 1/2 tablespoons jam (use raspberry or strawberry for pink)
- Extra sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a doughnt pan by greasing and flouring the wells (funfetti has the tendency to stick).
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoons ground flax with 3 tablespoons warm water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk, melted coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until combined.
- Fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Pour batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner cut off, and pipe into prepped doughnut pan.
- Don’t over fill the wells, pipe around one circle in each well.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the doughnuts comes out clean and the donuts spring back when touched – 15 minutes was perfect for this recipe.
- Allow doughnuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and continue to cool on a cooling rack.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and stir until fully combined. You may need to add a bit more milk if too thick, or some more icing sugar if too thin.
- Dip cooled doughnuts into the glaze and top with more sprinkles if you’d like.
- Allow glaze to set before stacking doughnuts on top of each other.