Chocolate, peanut butter and jelly -- all in oatmeal form!
Fudgy PB&J Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed; or 1/3 cup sweet potato puree + 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 rounded tablespoon cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 tablespoon fruit preserves, jam, or jelly
- 1 or 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- Bring milk to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add mashed banana (or sweet potato and maple syrup) to the oatmeal. Stir.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with fruit preserves and peanut butter. Serve with another splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (chocolate chips, shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).