These are the best brownies we've eaten in a long time. If you need a chocolate fix, then these are the brownies for you! Gooey, fudgy and with that classic crinkle top, you simply cannot go wrong!
Fudgy Crinkle Top Brownies [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup sweetened vanilla rice milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and flaxseed. Allow to thicken for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, except cocoa powder.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips at 30 second bursts, stirring in-between, until chocolate is melted. Then add margarine and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, mix together chocolate mixture, flax egg and sugar followed by the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes. They will be slightly gooey until cooled.