I’ve never been much of a doughnut person but these little bites of fudgy goodness have forever changed that. This recipe is special; it does not require a doughnut pan. Just a regular baking sheet or muffin tin. If you have a doughnut pan, that's cool too. The coconut glaze is everything! Super decadent and sweet, so no need to drown the doughnuts in the glaze unless you want a major sugar high. Drizzle just enough to lightly coat the mini doughnuts. Sprinkle some shredded coconut over top and be proud that you succeeded at vegan doughnuts!
Fudgy Coconut Glazed Mini Doughnuts (No Donut Pan Needed!) [Vegan]
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup warm, unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (or any plant milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray your donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients onto dry and mix well. The mixture is pretty thick.
- Scoop mixture into your donut pan or roll into small balls with your hands and place on baking sheet. (Makes about 12 donut holes)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Optional: If you don't have a donut pan, you can create your own donut hole in the center with the end of a skinny wooden spoon. You need to do this as soon as the donuts come out of the oven.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the coconut glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk and mix until smooth and creamy.
- After the donuts have cooled about 5-10 minutes, drizzle the glaze over top with a spoon or piping bag, then sprinkle with shredded coconut.