If you like mince pies, you will love this mince pie inspired recipe! Why not spice things up and combine mince pies and pop tarts? These little parcels are absolutely delicious, filled with vegan mincemeat!
Fruity Pop Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a food processor/stand mixer add the flour, butter, water, vanilla extract, sugar and mix until combined.
- Place the dough into cling film and pop into the fridge for an hour to chill & firm up.
- Pre-heat your oven to 390°F and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Flour your work surface and roll out the dough until around 1/4-inch thick and use a knife or pizza cutter to cut out pop tart squares.
- Place the individual squares onto the lined baking tray and brush some dairy-free milk over half of the the cut pastry square edges.
- Place a tablespoon of the mincemeat in the centre of each square, leaving around 1/4-inch to seal the edges with dairy-free milk, then top off with another pastry square.
- Press the edges firmly together with a fork and prick the tops of the pop tarts for ventilation while baking. Make sure they are sealed or they will burst/leak when baking. Repeat for all of the pop tarts.
- Pop the pastries into the oven and bake for around 15-18 minutes until fully baked.
- Once baked, place the pop tarts onto a cooling rack.
They are best enjoyed day of making, warm with a dusting of icing sugar. You could even mix some icing sugar and vanilla extra in a bowl for a quick and easy glaze. Store in a sealed container.