These are the PERFECT no fuss treat. Although they melt quickly, the eating to melting time wasn’t even a problem. They're gone way too fast! Hand people a bunch of frozen chocolate peanut butter treats and they will make like the beer in the house last weekend and disappear.
Frozen Pretzel Peanut Butter Bites [Vegan]
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3-1/2 cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, your choice)
- 12 oz. silken tofu
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease muffin tin and set aside.
- Place pretzels and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend on high until pretzels have formed a medium grade crumb. Some chunks should be left but most of the pretzels should be ground up.
- Gradually stream almond milk into pretzel mixture while food processor is running on low. Add by the tablespoon until dough is formed.
- Press pretzel mixture into individual muffin tins, covering the bottom of each cup. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- To prepare the chocolate layer: In the bowl of a clean blender or food processor, blend the silken tofu for 30-45 seconds, or until smooth and creamy. Add in melted chocolate chips, scraping down sides of the bowl until both ingredients are blended. Add honey or agave and blend into mixture.
- Once pretzel layers have baked, remove muffin tin from oven. Place one tablespoon peanut butter (or less, but why??) on top of each pretzel layer. The peanut butter will melt slightly and form to the pretzel crust. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture into each cup.
- Place in freezer for at least 4 hours, or until pies are frozen.
- Will last in sealed container for up to a week.