This frozen mojito pie is a healthier twist on the classic frozen mixed drink, made with whole foods, like avocado. No added oils. No gluten. It’s so simple to make and it takes only six ingredients! You just throw the ingredients into a food processor. Easy and delicious!
Frozen Mojito Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 1/4 cups pitted dates
- A pinch of sea salt
- A splash of water, to help blend
For the Filling:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, to taste
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, to taste
- Extra lime slices, zest, and mint, for garnishing
- Whipped coconut cream, for serving (optional)
To Make the Crust:
- Pulse ingredients together in a food processor until sticky crumbles form. Add a splash of water to help it come together.
- Press into a standard size pie plate.
To Make the Filling:
- Add avocados to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients, to taste.
- Pour over crust and set in the freezer for about 4 hours to firm up.
- Thaw on the counter for 30-45 minutes. Garnish however you like, slice and serve immediately.
Keep pie frozen. Thaw at room temperature to desired consistency to serve. Can be served slightly frozen or thawed, depending on the texture you like. Add whipped cream just before serving. I used 1 can of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (the solid cream only). Whip with 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla.