This is a perfect lunch for when you’re looking for something more on the lighter side. It fills you up without making you feel heavy. The best part is that they are completely customizable to suit whatever you’re into!
Fresh Spring Rolls With Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the rolls:
- Rice Paper
- Rice Noodles
- Pick your Greens (Romaine, Spinach, Arugula, or Lettuce)
- Pick your Protein (Tofu or Tempeh)
- Lots of Veggies (Bell Pepper, Mushroom, Avocado, Carrot, or Cucumber)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Sweetener
- 1-2 tablespoon of Coconut Water or Water
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- Cayenne Powder to Taste
- Start by cooking your protein as desired. Next cook your noodles according to the instructions on the bag. Once they are done cooking strain them and run them under cold water so they’re cool.
- Next prepare all your veggies by cutting them into thin strips.
- Now make the peanut sauce by putting all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir until everything is well combined. Start with 1 tbsp of coconut water or water and slowly add more if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Now time to build your rolls. Take one rice paper and run it under warm water for a few seconds not too long or it could become too soft.
- Add in all the ingredients you desire and roll it up like a burrito. Repeat that until you’ve used up all the veggies and enjoy!