These fruit tarts are so simple: fruit, lemon cream, and a basic short crust. But something amazing happens when they all combine and you eat that first mouthful. It’s like an explosion of sweet flavours! The cream coats your tongue with a delicate citrus note, while the crust offers its crunchy texture. Nothing says summer more than a fresh fruit tart with lemon cream.
Fresh Fruit Tart With Lemon Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fresh Fruit Tart With Lemon Cream [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup, plus 1/4 cup white spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, softened slightly
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold water
For the Lemon Cream:
- 1 12.3-ounce packet firm silken tofu
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight in water and then drained
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 4 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Topping:
- Your favorite fruit fruit sliced for decorating
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam, warmed slightly
How to Prepare Fresh Fruit Tart With Lemon Cream [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 392°F. Grease a 7 or 8-inch tart tin with coconut oil.
- Begin by making the crust. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the spelt flour, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir to combine. Add in the softened coconut oil. Using your fingertips, rub it in with the flour until the mixture looks like wet sand. Add in the cold water and mix to form a dough. If the dough is too wet add a little extra flour. Form the dough into a ball.
- Between two sheets of baking paper, roll the dough out to fit the size of the tart tin. Place rolled dough into tin, cutting off any edges that have spilled over the sides. Using a fork, poke holes in the crust to prevent any air bubbles forming while cooking. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon cream filling. Add all the ingredients into a high speed food processor and blend for 5 minutes. The mixture should be smooth and slightly thick. Evenly pour the lemon cream into the cooled pie crust.
- Top the lemon cream with your choice of sliced fruit. Using a pastry brush, dip it in the warmed apricot jam, and lightly spread over the fruit. Place the tart in the refrigerator to chill overnight so that the filling thickens and sets.
- Remove from tart tin, slice, and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving(not including the optional topping): Calories: 218 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 13 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 7 mg | Sugar: 9 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.