If you're craving a sweet treat, these cookies should be on your list to make! They're easy and come together without much effort. They're gluten-free, too!
Flourless Chocolate Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 flax egg (2 tablespoon flax meal + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a split liner (Beware, these cookies are on the sticky side, so a liner is important!)
- In a small bowl, make flax egg by stirring flax meal and water together with a fork. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a food processor to mix the avocado and banana until smooth. Add the flax egg, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Process until fully combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to empty the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet (the cookies will spread).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are crisp.
- Let cool, store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.