We know what you're thinking. Chocolate? Chickpeas? Waffles?! Yes, this sounds like a bizarre combo, but trust us, it works! Chickpeas and tahini are blended with dark chocolate chips, bananas, and vanilla extract to create a soft, creamy batter that eventually turns into sweet, fluffy waffles. The chickpeas add a wonderful boost of protein so grab a few of these, stack 'em up, and top them with fruit, maple syrup, cinnamon, powdered sugar, or whatever you like your waffles to have!
Flourless Chocolate Chickpea Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 3/4 cups chickpeas, boiled and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend smooth until thick and creamy.
- Warm the waffle iron and spoon the batter on it as per the manufacturer instructions. Serve.