Not only is this vinegar an incredibly useful cooking ingredient, it also has numerous medicinal purposes. Fire cider vinegar is well-known in the herbal community and it has tons of immune boosting and anti-microbial properties. Enjoy flavor and health benefits all in one jar.
Fire Cider Vinegar [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium-sized glass jar
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of grated turmeric root
- A small handful of rosemary
- A small handful of thyme
- 4 whole peppercorns
- Raw apple cider vinegar, to fill the jar
1. Fill a sterilized jar with all your ingredients and add enough apple cider vinegar to cover them.
2. If your jar has a metal lid, place a square of baking paper between the jar/lid. This will protect the metal from being eroded by the strong vinegar.
3. Place it on a windowsill or a warm spot and let it sit for around 3-4 weeks. Shake the mixture every now and then and check how the smell develops over time.
4. Before it’s ready to use, you’ll need to strain the vinegar and discard the herbs.