Do you want to build strong bones, boost your digestion and get beautiful skin all at the same time? Try these raw vegan fig tahini truffles! Not only do they have great health benefits from the figs and the tahini, the combination tastes amazing, too! Get healthier while indulging in sweet snacks? Count me in!
Fig Tahini Truffles [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of dried coconut
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (I used tahini with sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon of liquid sweetener of your choice: date paste, maple syrup, coconut nectar…
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest, finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine cashews, dried figs and dried coconut in the food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until finely ground.
- Add tahini, sweetener, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt. Process again until well combined.
- Shape the sticky dough into small truffles.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or dried coconut.
These fig tahini truffles will stay fresh for at least one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Not so fond of sesame seeds? Replace it with any nut butter of your choice such as almond butter, hazelnut butter…