Vibrant fresh peppers are folded into a creamy and savory corn sauce with a hint of garlic flavor in this colorful cream soup. It is smooth and savory with the perfect creamy consistency for incorporating colorful slices of sweet peppers for a pop of flavor and crunch.
Fiesta Pepper Corn Soup [Vegan]
- 4 cups frozen or fresh white corn
- 1/2 cup of leftover hot cooking water
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons plant-based butter or oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- Additional toppings: 1 cup sliced sweet peppers, 1/4 cup shredded fresh cilantro, optional: 1/3 hot pepper
- Steam or boil corn until cooked through.
- Add to a blender or food processor along with salt and some cooking water and blend on high until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the peppers and blend until mixed through.
- Add the sliced peppers and a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!