This vegan version is equally as creamy, garlic-y, rich and cheesy, but without the fat and calories PLUS this one has a dose of bubbly.
Fettuccine With Vegan Champagne Alfredo [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fettuccine With Vegan Champagne Alfredo [Vegan]
- 2 cups fettucine (we used rainbow pasta but ordinary pasta will do)
- 3 cups plant based milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 2-4 tablespoons arrowroot flour (you can use regular flour too)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup of sparking wine (if you’re going for a more traditional alfredo, just omit this one et
- optional: 1/2 cup cashew cream or vegan cream cheese
- Parsley to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Fettuccine With Vegan Champagne Alfredo [Vegan]
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for your pasta.
- Add your lemon juice to your plant based milk and set aside. The lemon curdles the milk a little bit, thickening it into almost a buttermilk.
- If you are going to roast some of your garlic, place the cloves, unpeeled (see photos), with a tbsp of oil in a frying pan. Cook for approximately 7-8 minutes per side, until the garlic is soft. You want the inside to come out like toothpaste when you squeeze the clove.
- Once your garlic if roasted, remove it from the pan, and sauté your minced garlic for approximately 2 minutes, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add 2 tbsp of arrowroot flour and whisk whisk whisk it in with your garlic.
- Pour in your milk/lemon mixture and WHISK WHISK WHISK some more. But seriously, whisk. No one wants a lumpy Alfredo.
- However, if you do end up with some lumps, just pour it in to the blender for a couple of pulses and no one will be the wiser. It’s almost easier to add the roasted garlic in this way as well.
- If you aren’t going to use a blender… whisk whisk whisk that roasted garlic in too!
- And the nutritional yeast, and the cashew cream or vegan cream cheese if you’re using it… is your arm sore yet? KEEP WHISKING.
- Lastly, stir in your bubbly… and take a sip for yourself, that arm has been working hard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare your pasta, drain and serve with your beautiful sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and prepare to impress your guests (and yourself!).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.