This recipe is super easy to double or even triple. Don’t worry about exact proportions, just get some big jars and stuff each one full of this stuff and in a month you will have Fire Cider!
Fermented Fire Cider [Vegan]
- 1 jalapeño
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup turmeric root
- 1/4 cup ginger root
- 1/4 cup horseradish root
- 1/2 fresh orange, juiced
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (more or less, just to top it off)
- The basic method is to chop everything and then drop it all into a jar.
- Slice the jalapeño, press the garlic, dice the onion, chop the roots. Add them to the jar in that order.
- Add juice and then cover with apple cider vinegar making sure everything is fully submerged.
- Seal the jar. Store for 4 weeks on the counter in a cool place. Every once in a while, shake it around gently.
- After 30 days, drain the veggies into a strainer over a bowl. Store the liquid in one jar.
- Process the veggies and store in another jar.