This recipe is super easy to double or even triple. Don’t worry about exact proportions, just get some big jars and stuff each one full of this stuff and in a month you will have Fire Cider!
Fermented Fire Cider [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fermented Fire Cider [Vegan]
- 1 jalapeño
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup turmeric root
- 1/4 cup ginger root
- 1/4 cup horseradish root
- 1/2 fresh orange, juiced
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (more or less, just to top it off)
How to Prepare Fermented Fire Cider [Vegan]
- The basic method is to chop everything and then drop it all into a jar.
- Slice the jalapeño, press the garlic, dice the onion, chop the roots. Add them to the jar in that order.
- Add juice and then cover with apple cider vinegar making sure everything is fully submerged.
- Seal the jar. Store for 4 weeks on the counter in a cool place. Every once in a while, shake it around gently.
- After 30 days, drain the veggies into a strainer over a bowl. Store the liquid in one jar.
- Process the veggies and store in another jar.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.