This is a grilled cheese sandwich for the ages! It's got all the best textures and flavors going on: tart and sweet, crunchy and gooey, fresh and toasty. Seriously amazing!
Fancy Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Cheese [Vegan]
To Make the Strawberry Balsamic Preserves:
- In a small saucepan, add the strawberries, balsamic, and sugar. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium and stir constantly, breaking up the strawberries with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Once the balsamic has reduced and a nice thick jelly has formed, remove from the heat and set aside, about 5-7 minutes.
To Make the Sandwich:
- Add some butter to a frying pan and melt over medium heat. Add your bread and light toast one side of each slice. Then remove and on one piece of the toasted side layer cheese, strawberry, and spinach. On the other piece layer another slice of cheese.
- Add a little more butter to the pan and add the pieces of bread. Cover the pan with a lid and over medium-low heat, start to toast and carefully watch the cheese. After a minute or two add the piece of bread with only the cheese on top of the other half and press down lightly with a spatula. After another minute or two flip the sandwich over and cook another minute until the bread is toasty and golden brown.
- Remove from the heat, slice in half and enjoy!