This superfood salad is as vitamin rich and nutritious, as it is yummy - try it as a post-holiday treat and a break from the heavy food streak. The humble cabbage is incredibly nutritious – it’s a powerhouse of anti-oxidants, and disease-fighting phytochemicals, and its vitamin C content is even higher than that of oranges. Carrots add a boost of vitamin A, and B, and beets – not only are they packed with minerals and vitamins, but their high iron content has a blood purifying and detoxifying effect. Add that to the natural antibiotic power of garlic, the fat from avocados, walnuts, and olive oil, and I think you have a superfood salad! It’s a vitamin bomb, with all the different rainbow-colored vegetables. Vitamin-rich, nutritious, and equally delicious––what more could you want?
Fall Superfood Detox Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Fall Superfood Detox Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 small cabbage - red or green
- 5-6 carrots
- 1 red beet
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
For the Dressing:
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
How to Prepare Fall Superfood Detox Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Shred cabbage(s), carrots and beets in food processor. Put into a bowl.
- Chop the walnuts roughly (or pulse a few times in the food processor)
- Make dressing by mixing oil, vinegar and pressed garlic cloves.
- Add the chopped fresh dill, walnuts, a few pinches of salt to the veggies. Then pour the dressing in and mix really well. Adjust the salt and acidity if needed (it's better to do this 10-15 min before serving).
- Chop the avocado, and add to the salad, mix lightly. Serve with more chopped walnuts on top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.