Falafels, made with hearty brown lentils, savory sun-dried tomatoes, and dried figs. Their flavor makes them ideal for serving alongside winter squash, pan-fried spinach with tomatoes, and tahini sauce.
Falafel Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1/3 cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup soaked dried figs
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- A pinch of garlic and herb mix
- A pinch of salt
- A Pinch of oregano
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- Tabasco, to taste
- Preheat oven to 356°F and line a baking tray.
- Blend everything together in your food processor until the sun-dried tomatoes and figs are broken down, and the mixture comes together when pinched. If you don’t have a food processor, finely chop your dried ingredients, and then fold together in a bowl.
- Roll into generous tablespoon-sized balls and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip the falafels, and then bake for another 5-10.