This dish takes all of your favorite flavors from falafel (hence the fala) and adds in the fiery spice of jalapeños (hence the jala) to make a hummus that is incredibly delicious and beautiful to boot. Plus, this recipe is easy to make and will go over great at any event you decide to set it out at. But be forewarned – It's spicy.
Fala Jala Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- 1 1/3 cups parsley, tightly packed
- 1 cup of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (plus more for the top)
- 4-5 roasted garlic cloves, depending on taste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/3 of a purple onion
- Salt, to taste
- 2 jalapeños, all chopped up
- Blend everything together except for the jalapenos.
- Put half of the dip in the bowl, sprinkle half of the jalapeños on, then add the rest of the dip, and then the rest of the jalapeños. Squeeze lots of lime juice, and extra salt on top.