What’s fab about these muffins, is everything! They're quick, easy, have minimal ingredients, feature vegan eggnog, no vegan eggs, packs tons of flavor, you can skip the icing if you’d like to reduce the sugar content, have a buttery soft texture, are perf for holiday entertaining, and hands down our new fave muffin!
Eggnog Muffins [Vegan]
For the Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup vegan eggnog (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan eggnog
To Make the Muffins:
- Heat oven to 400°F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp vegan eggnog and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Top with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops are browning too much, simply turn down the heat to 375 for the remaining bake.
- Allow to completely cool then combine the powdered sugar and eggnog. Gradually add the eggnog to achieve the desired consistency. Drizzle over top and serve!