If you like tofu scrambles, you're going to love this egg salad sandwich recipe. Unlike the warm and savory scramble, this sandwich is served cold and contains two different types of mustard and relish for added flavor. Whip one up for breakfast, or take some on your next picnic!
‘Egg’ Salad Sandwich [Vegan]
- 15 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 of 1 small onion)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons regular yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish or dill
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Favorite bread (gluten-free, if desired)
- Cut the tofu into 3 sections, lengthwise. Using paper towel, press onto the tofu to remove any excess moisture. Flip the tofu over and repeat until you can get most of the moisture out.
- Using your hands, crumble the tofu into a large bowl and add with the chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the dijon mustard, yellow mustard, mayo, relish, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, celery seed, sea salt, and pepper. Stir with a spoon until combined thoroughly.
- Pour the sauce over tofu mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop the "egg" salad onto bread.