Vegan egg roll in a bowl is all the flavor of your favorite Chinese restaurant appetizer turned inside out and cooked in one skillet. An easy, healthy, and delicious dish ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s oil-free, low-carb, and can easily be made gluten-free.
Egg Roll In A Bowl [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Egg Roll In A Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 ramen cake (2.5 ounces) (optional)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, divided
- 1 bag (16 ounces) of pre-made coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots only)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped or sliced
How to Prepare Egg Roll In A Bowl [Vegan]
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. If using the ramen, go ahead and cook now according to the package instructions.
- Once the skillet is hot add the onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, and ground ginger to the skillet. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the coleslaw, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce, and remaining rice vinegar. Lightly toss all of the ingredients together and cook for 5-10 minutes until the cabbage starts to wilt. If using the ramen, add it to the pan and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped green onions.
- Divide between bowls with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Suggested toppings: red pepper, chopped nuts, and sesame seeds. To make this recipe gluten-free use low-sodium tamari.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.