Note: This recipe was marked as gluten-free. That has since been corrected. Who doesn't love the smell of freshly baked bread in your own home? It's one of the simple pleasures in life. Unfortunately, making bread can be a complicated process. Luckily, this recipe for vegan spelt bread is super simple! It only takes a few ingredients. You can also use it for a sandwich or serve it with soup! Cut yourself a slice of warm vegan spelt bread and top with vegan butter, vegan cheese, or jam. However, you decide to use it, it's delicious!
Easy Spelt Wholemeal Bread [Vegan]
- 14 1/8 ounces wholemeal spelt flour
- 3 1/2 ounces rye flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons bread spice (optional)
- 2 2/3 ounces salad seed mix
- 8 1/2 ounces beer
- 8 1/2 ounces water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- First mix the dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Brush a loaf tin with oil, fill with the dough. Sprinkle a bit flour on top.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.
- Switch off the oven. Leave the bread in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Then turn out of the mold and allow to cool completely.