This simple recipe is proof that you don't need to have a hundred different layers of flavor to make a recipe that's delicious. The curry is made from a base of coconut milk and Thai red curry paste with turmeric and served with roasted red peppers and yellow squash. A garnish of lime juice and fresh cilantro are all that is needed to round out the spicy flavors.
Easy Roasted Pepper Thai Red Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 13.66-ounce can coconut milk or coconut cream,
- 5 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- A little less than 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- Bean sprouts
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Cube squash up and mix with 1 tablespoon oil. Slice red bell pepper and coat in leftover oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or until bell peppers start to brown on the tips.
- Heat canned coconut milk up with 5 teaspoons red curry paste. Mix in turmeric powder.
- Once vegetables are done baking, pour curry sauce in the bowl and place squash in the middle. Top squash with bean sprouts and roasted bell pepper. Squeeze lime on top and garnish with cilantro.
- Bell Pepper