While this may at first look like your typical noodle dish, it’s actually quite vegetable-forward. The recipe calls for just a quarter pound of pasta noodles but serves a healthy portion to two people. That’s because it features tons of red bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, radish, and scallion in a delicious peanut sauce. The reasonable portion of noodles doesn’t weigh you down, and the variety of vegetables helps make it a balanced meal.
Easy Peanut Noodles [Vegan]
- 1/4 pound dried linguine or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded, julienned
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup radish, julienned
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, agave nectar, lime juice, ginger, and garlic. Stir in water, 1/4 cup at a time, until dressing consistency is reached. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, carrot, red bell pepper, radish, and scallion. Stir in noodles and mix well. Pour dressing over noodle mixture. Stir in fresh mint. Top with peanuts and serve.