With a prep time under 15 minutes, this easy corn salad lives up to its name. You simply husk the corn, simmer it briefly which brings out the natural sweetness, then toss all the vegetables in a bowl with the lively dressing. That’s it! You can enjoy the salad right away, or keep it in the fridge until ready to serve, allowing the flavors to blend together as it chills. Because you can make it ahead of time, this salad is perfect to take to all your summer parties, barbecues, and anywhere else where a vibrant salad would be welcome!
Easy Corn Salad With Sriracha and Lime [Vegan]
- 6 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- zest from one lime
- 5 tablespoons lime juice (about 4 small limes)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill a large pot with about 3 inches of water, and bring to a boil. Add the corn, cover pot, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove corn from the pot and let cool until they can be handled easily (this is the perfect time to chop the other vegetables). Once cool enough, use a sharp knife to slice down the sides of the corn, removing the kernels. Place the kernels in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the lime zest, lime juice, and sriracha, and whisk until combined. Add the olive oil and whisk until smooth. Add the prepared corn kernels, spinach, red onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper, and toss until combined. Taste for seasoning, lime, and spice level, and adjust to taste. Enjoy!