Double-baked butternut squash with quinoa, spinach, and rosemary is a tribute to the fall and is the perfect accessory for the dinner table. Serve them with beautiful salad - make a dinner that is healthy, beautiful, and filling! This is a butternut squash recipe that gets twice as good for two laps in the oven!
Double-Baked Butternut Squash With Quinoa, Spinach, and Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 small butternut squash, halved and deseeded
- 6 cups of spinach
- 1 cup boiled quinoa
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Turn on the oven at 395°F and put parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the 4 halves of butternut squash with the cut side down and behind them bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Take them out to let them cool until you can touch them without burning yourself.
- Scrape the meat into a bowl and put the shell back on the plate and into the oven.
- Bake the shell for another 10 min.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan up to medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add rosemary, sage, and cumin and mix it up.
- Add spinach and some water.
- Let the spinach cook down and put it in the bowl with the butternut meat.
- Stir it all together with mustard, lemon juice, and walnuts and season with salt.
- Spread the filling into the crispy shells, put them in the oven once more for 5-10 minutes, so the tops get crisp and filled hot.
- Serve the double-baked butternut squash with a delicious salad.