This delicious ganache is creamy and thick, the perfect way to end a meal. You can also prepare this recipe without the crust. It sets up very nicely in tumblers or wine glasses. Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
Decadent Dark Chocolate Ganache [Vegan, Raw, No Refined-Sugar]
- Vegan pie crust
- 2 cups raw organic cashews, dry
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw organic cacao powder, plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4–1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic grade B maple syrup or coconut crystals
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Assorted berries for topping
- Press the pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan and then place it in the freezer.
- In a high-speed blender, blend cashews, coconut oil, cacao powder, cinnamon, almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup or coconut crystals, and salt. You may add more almond milk or water as needed.
- When a creamy consistency forms, pour into the prepared crust and then return the pan to the freezer to set for at least one hour.
- Once the tart is set, get a small strainer and dust cacao on it for a lovely topping.
This recipe and many more beautiful, holistic dishes can be found in "Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life" by Summer Sanders. Available on Amazon!