So while it lasts, enjoy the summer and its cold desserts, such as this Caramel Chocolate Ice Cream. It’s as decadent as it sounds and will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Decadent Caramel Chocolate Banana Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 4 tbsps caramel chocolate powder
- a bit of almond milk
- 100g brown sugar
- a bit of water
- In a food processor blitz the frozen bananas and chocolate powder, adding a tiny (TINY) bit of almond milk, or another non-dairy milk to help blend everything. You can leave a few bits of banana if you like; it’ll give the ice cream an interesting texture.
- Freeze for at least four hours in an air-tight container.
- Put a small saucepan on high heat.
- Cover the sugar with just enough water and let it melt without stirring.
- When the sauce starts to boil, remove from the heat, stirring a little bit with a wooden spoon, swivel the pan around to make sure everything’s well combined, but you don’t need to do too much to it. Just be careful — you could burn yourself!
- Let it cool on the side and pour over the ice cream when it’s ready to serve.