Brace yourselves – chocolate is coming! I tell you what: this is the most guilt-free chocolate indulgence I ever had – or made, for that matter. It’s 100 percent vegan and gluten-free. What is it? It’s a combination of a chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, and chocolate ice cream – all of it homemade. The fluffy chocolate cake mixed with the velvety mousse and creamy ice cream is absolutely to die for!
Death By Chocolate: Cake, Mousse, and Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup raw cacao pulver
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dark vegan chocolate
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking aluminium-free baking powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
- 3 tablespoons raw chocolate powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup plant-based milk until you have the desired consistency
Chocolate Ice Cream:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 15 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- In a bowl, combine first the dry ingredients, then carefully mix in the wet ones. Add the milk slowly until you get a sticky, moist dough.
- Prepare a baking dish (I used four small tartelette dishes) and fill with the dough. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. If you use one large baking dish, bake a bit longer.
To Make the Mousse:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until creamy. Store in the fridge.
To Make the Chocolate Ice Cream:
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Heat a saucepan and add the cream from the blender. Carefully heat the mix up until it thickens. Let cool.
- Transfer the cooled, thickened mix to an ice cream maker and operate it according to its manufacturer's instructions.
- Place ice cream, mousse, and cake on a plate. Garnish with coconut whipped cream, cocoa powder, and chocolate sauce (molten chocolate).