This pumpkin pie tastes traditional but the ingredients are anything but! Creamy cashews and soy milk replace the canned condensed milk and mineral-rich dates replace the sugar. This healthier alternative to the holiday classic is so creamy and luscious it won’t stay around for long… so be prepared. You may want to make two!
Date-Sweetened Pumpkin Pie [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 10 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (optional, makes a bit firmer pie)
- 1 store-bought vegan pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place dates and 1 cup of the milk in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and cashews and blend again until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Pour into the pie crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until puffed up and slightly cracked on the top.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.