This is a great recipe for homemade date and walnut vegan cheese that can be made with just a few simple ingredients. Quick and easy to make, this is great to serve with a fresh fruit platter or as part of a vegan cheese platter with crackers and nuts.
Date and Walnut Cheese [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups non-dairy
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsps sea salt (celtic or himalayan)
- 1 tbsp agar agar powder
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup hot boiled water
- 1/3 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 5 pitted medjool dates roughly chopped
- Firstly, your going to need a medium sized saucepan, a blender and some cheese molds (I used mini spring form cake tins)
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium size saucepan and gradually bring to the boil before reducing heat to a simmer.
- After 5-10 minutes the mixture will become thick and creamy (see video). Quickly pour the mixture into your cheese molds.
- Place the cheese molds into the fridge for about 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from molds and serve.
- To watch a video tutorial of this recipe, click here.