What’s fab about this recipe, is everything. It’s quick and easy, affordable, features minimal ingredients, can easily be made in bulk, is salty, sweet, crunchy, has aesthetic appeal, perf for entertaining, features no refined sugar, stevia sweetened chocolate, and is just my forever obsession!
Dark Chocolate Pecan Toffee Matzoh [Vegan]
- 4 to 6 sheets unsalted matzohs
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- big pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 bag vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 250. Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax, parchment making sure it goes up and over the edges.
- Line the bottom of the sheet with matzoh, breaking cutting with a sharp knife if necessary to fill in any spaces.
- In a sauce pan heavy duty saucepan, melt the butter. Now add the coconut sugar together, and cook over low/medium heat, stirring, until the butter is melted and the mixture is beginning to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat, add the optional salt and vanilla, and pour over matzoh. Working quickly, spread the caramel with a heatproof spatula.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. As it bakes, it will bubble up but make sure it’s not burning every once in a while.
- Remove from oven and immediately cover with chocolate chips. Let stand for 2-3 minutes, then spread with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with toasted chopped pecans
- Let cool completely, the slice into squares. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. It should keep well for about one week.