Did you know there’s a super easy way to make your own wholesome and delicious chocolate candy? Take an almond, put it into a pitted date, and bathe the date in melted dark chocolate. Yes– only three ingredients and three steps. These dark chocolate almond dates is the perfect go-to snack and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Dark Chocolate Almond Stuffed Dates [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- A cup of dates (around 12)
- Almonds (you need the same amount as the amount of dates)
- If the dates are not pitted, pit them. When that's done, put an almond in the middle of each date and lay them all on a baking paper.
- Boil a small amount of water in a saucepan. Take a smaller saucepan, break the chocolate into smaller pieces into it. Place it over the larger saucepan with the boiling water in it. Be very careful to not get any water in the chocolate or it will seize up and you’ll have to start over again. Watch the chocolate melting, helping it by slowly stirring from time to time.
- When the chocolate has melted, gently pour it over your dates. Let them cool down before eating.