This recipe is a delightfully simple and flavorful take on fresh bell peppers, tomatoes, and potatoes. Garlicky, zesty, and slightly tangy from lime, this vibrant mix is perfect for adding some color to an entrée or even making a sandwich out of. Delicious, homey, and practical.
Curried Potatoes and Bell Peppers [Vegan]
- 3-4 medium sized bell peppers
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 garlic pods
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon cumin coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- 1 lime, to garnish
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Cut the bell peppers into halves, remove the pith, and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 8 pieces.
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes
- Dice the onions and mince the garlic
- Heat the oil and add in the whole cumin seeds, once the seeds begin to sizzle, add in the cumin and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add in the onion and the garlic and sauté well until translucent, add in the tomatoes and the potatoes and mix in the cayenne, turmeric, and the salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for about 6-8 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add in the bell peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes. Mix well.
- Cut the lime and add in the lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve hot.