This yummy and simple potato salad is a great way to get more vegetables in your diet. The sauce in this dish is very unique, and combines the creaminess of vegan mayonnaise, the bright flavor of mango chutney, and a kick from the curry powder. Make a big batch if enjoying this as a stand-alone entrée or pair it with a root vegetable soup for a nutritious and balanced meal.
Curried Potato, Cauliflower, and Broccoli Salad [Vegan]
- 1 cup seasonal potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower
- Juice from 1/2 of 1 lemon
- A handful of chopped coriander
- A pinch of salt
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- Place all of your ingredients onto the kitchen counter and fill a large, deep pan with water and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil.
- Wash the potatoes and cut each one into dice-sized pieces. Add them to the boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are softened, but not quite done.
- While the potatoes are boiling, wash the broccoli and cauliflower. Trim them and cut them into smaller florets. Add the vegetables to the potatoes and boil for about 3 minutes. The vegetables should be just tender with a nice crunch, not too soft. The potatoes should be done now.
- Turn off the fire, pour the water away and let the potatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli cool.
- While the vegetables cool, make the sauce by mixing the vegan mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, and mango chutney together in a small mixing bowl.
- Once the vegetables and potatoes have cooled down, mix them into the sauce. Add a splash of lemon juice on top and garnish with the chopped coriander.