These chickpea wraps will leave your palate thankful and your tummy content. The peanuts give it a nice crunch while the curry sauce coats the chickpeas for loads of flavor in each bite. Adding peanut butter to the curry sauce takes this sauce whole different level of flavor. It still has the sweet and spicy curried deliciousness you know and love, but adds an element of creaminess. The end result is a protein-packed wrap of goodness and wonder. Tt is sweet, spicy, savory, chewy, and crunchy.
Curried Chickpea Salad Wrap [Vegan]
For the Wraps:
- 5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 large wraps, any kind
- 1 loose cup spinach or lettuce
- 3/4 cup salted roasted peanuts
For the Curry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A dash of red pepper
- A dash of dried ginger
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pulse peanuts a few times in food processor (or coarsely chop). Add peanuts to the sauce mixture. Combine and set the bowl aside.
- In several batches, add the chickpeas to food processor and pulse a few times. You want most of the chickpeas broken up, but a few still left whole.
- Combine the chickpeas with sauce in the large bowl. Stir and fold until chickpeas are fully incorporated.
- Lay out the wraps. Split the spinach or lettuce up equally onto each wrap. Place a generous amount of the curried chickpea mixture on top of the spinach and then roll up the wrap. Save any leftover chickpea mixture for lunch.