Want next-level black beans loaded with island flavor? This easy-peasy recipe is done in 25 minutes or less, and you probably have everything you need to make it in your kitchen right now!
Cuban Black Beans [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cuban Black Beans [Vegan]
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, finely minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 (15-oz) cans of black beans, drained
- 1 cup water, or more if needed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Cuban Black Beans [Vegan]
- Add oil to a medium-sized pot on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add beans, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, cilantro (optional), red wine vinegar, water, salt and black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust water and seasoning, to preference. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.