Want next-level black beans loaded with island flavor? This easy-peasy recipe is done in 25 minutes or less, and you probably have everything you need to make it in your kitchen right now!
Cuban Black Beans [Vegan]
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, finely minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 (15-oz) cans of black beans, drained
- 1 cup water, or more if needed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Add oil to a medium-sized pot on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add beans, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, cilantro (optional), red wine vinegar, water, salt and black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust water and seasoning, to preference. Enjoy!