You can use this Crunchy Maple Almond Granola as a template for so many granola variations. Then, it can be used as a cereal, a topping for vegan yogurt, or as a healthy and energizing snack!
Crunchy Maple Almond Granola [Vegan]
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw whole almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- On a cutting board, chop whole almonds into about 1/4 pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, pumpkins seeds, cinnamon and ginger.
- Heat coconut oil just enough to melt it. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla to the oat mixture and stir.
- You can line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper if desired. Lay granola mixture on tray. Spread it out in a single layer and press down slightly. Place in oven and set timer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, gently turn granola over with a spatula and press down gently again. Place back in oven for another 15 minutes.
- Check granola to see if it is brown. You want the colour to be brown and not burnt. If it is not quite brown enough, cook for about another 10 minutes. Ovens may vary so keep an eye on it.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes. The granola will get crunchier as it cools.
- Add dried fruit to the top (in this case cranberries and goji berries) and gently combine with a spatula.
- Granola can be stored in an airtight container and used as a cereal, a topping for vegan yogurt or a snack!
- Pumpkin Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile