Shredded cabbage and carrots make up the bulk of this Asian Cabbage Salad with edamame, mandarin oranges, scallions and red peppers sprinkled throughout. Roasted almonds and noodles are tossed in for crunch and the sweet soy dressing makes this Asian cabbage salad spectacular! The noodles that are used are packaged ramen noodles. Toss out the flavor package and just keep the noodles. This salad is so healthy, filling, easy, and delicious––give it a try!
Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 packages ramen noodles, crumbled (noodles only, throw away the flavor packet!)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of cole slaw (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup steamed/shelled edamame
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
For the Sweet Soy Dressing:
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place slivered almonds and crumbled ramen noodles on a baking sheet and roast for 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl add cabbage, edamame, scallions, mandarin oranges and red bell pepper.
- Make sweet soy dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
- When ready to serve, add almonds and ramen noodles to salad. Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat and enjoy!
1. The recipe for the sweet soy dressing makes more than enough! Add desired amount to salad and save the rest for later use! 2. For a gluten free version omit the noodles and add more almonds!